Job reference no. BA008
Reporting to Managing Director with dotted lines to Group CFO.
Supervises Finance Department.
Leads the finance function supporting the business plans and company operations.
Ensures the availability of required financial forecasts, resources, tools and processes that ensure the overall operating company objectives are met.
Works closely with the Group CFO and his extended team in the planning and implementation of a best-fit financial management and control function under Group guidelines.
- Under Group Guidelines, develop and track short, medium and long term business plans and forecasts, controlling the release of related budgets (OPEX/CAPEX) and expenditure
- Oversee day to day management of the Finance, Accounting, Reporting, Treasury and HR functions ensuring best practice, their compliancy to IFRS and OHADA standards, in country reporting and tax filing requirements
- Develop, document, implement and maintain related systems (Navision), controls, forecasting reviews, processes and procedures that meet the required standards
- Manage currency fluctuations, ensuring adequate cash flow and working capital requirements are met
- Oversee the procurement and supply chain processes and unlocking of related budgets in a timely manner for required items and services
- Oversee company payroll and the management of all facilities
- Champion a performance oriented culture in leading, coaching and developing direct reports. Ensuring ongoing improvement of extended teams and their performance
- Build and maintain optimal relationships with the banks, investors, financial partners, local tax authorities and regulatory bodies under IHS Group guidelines
- Support the Managing Director in board related matters, financial statements, results and annual reports
Essentials skills and qualifications
- Strong financial management background with a hands on style and proven experience in leading and developing teams
- First class interpersonal and communication skills with advance problem solving and influencing ability at any level
- Drive for results, accustomed to working to tight deadlines with creativity and quality output
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to relate to and connect with the local network of businesses, groups, professional bodies, related financial institutions and channels
- Strong business ethics and integrity
- Fluency in French and English at Business level
- Finance, or Economics related university degree with an advanced management degree
- Chartered accountancy qualification (eg. CFA, CIPFA)
- Experience of IFRS and OHADA
- Experience of working in emerging markets
- Minimum of 10 years proven track record in the industry having worked for a vendor, supplier and/or an operator within the telecommunications sector
- Minimum of 3 years line management experience (eg. as a CFO, FD or Financial Controller) at a country or international business unit level
Key Performance Indicators
To be determined