Job Title: Compliance Manager
Reports To: Head of Legal
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the job holder will be responsible for coordinating compliance initiatives in specific markets. He/She will facilitate the full compliance with, and adherence to, local laws and regulations, as well as internal policies and directives of IHS. The individual must have a good understanding of all local environments, whilst also applying international business standards.
- Support in creating and reviewing policies and procedures that instill a culture of compliance.
- Disseminate approved compliance policies and procedures in the markets.
- Support the design and roll out of a comprehensive educational and training program including introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Support the design and update of the Group compliance monitoring framework. Coordinate implementation and operation of this framework in markets.
- Carry out internal review or audits to ensure that policies/procedures are followed.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Coordinate compliance risks assessment and follow up the execution of subsequent mitigating strategies.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Promote the whistleblower line within the markets. • Leading or assisting in investigation of potential or unlawful misconducts.
- Assist in ensuring that compliance efforts are appropriately documented and monitored.
- Advise management or business partners on compliance issues or challenges.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
Minimum experience and essential knowledge
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in compliance, audit or risk management, including experience in a global organization.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly desired.
- knowledge of anti-corruption laws, including US FCPA, UKBA and economic sanctions regulations is preferred.
- Experience leading in-person training sessions and operating learning management system
- Strong oral and written skills to prepare comprehensive and clear written documents, presentations, policies and procedures.
- Experience leading and overseeing investigations
- English and French desire
- University Degree preferably in Law, Business Administration, Accountancy or equivalent
- Membership to a Professional Body
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.
Last Updated: 14.05.18