About IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
- Organize and administer movement of materials with suppliers to ensure goods & services arrive on time, follow up with vendors to ensure strict adherence to any Purchase Order (PO) schedule and propose adequate corrective actions, and maintain separate archiving system for all import & export goods (customs, shipping, packing, invoice, bill of lading).
- · Provide beneficiaries with accurate and timely response to enquiries on equipment delivery date.
- · Maintain a record of outstanding POs and contact vendors through telephone calls, email, and in person.
- · Ensure suppliers adhere to price and delivery promises.
- · Ensure up-to-date information is provided on product availability, delivery times, and/ or product manufacture.
- · Advise internal users of any changes to material availability and/ or part delivery.
- · Liaise with Materials team for specific non-conformity queries and with vendors for corrective actions.
- · Handle shipment processing and maintain contact with shopping companies to prevent delays on shipments.
- · Liaise with suppliers, transporters and internal departments on delivery information.
- · Arrange transport for incoming goods.
- · Obtain Customs authorizations for import/ export goods.
- · Follow up on local delivery goods until receipt at delivery point.
- · Raise/ coordinate and follow up with Customs/ shipping agents claims regarding missing and/or non-conformity of shopped/ received goods.
- · Investigate invoice queries from the Finance Department.
- · Oversee all Operations/ Project procurement activities including internal/ external coordination of Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) as well as 3rd party expediting and inspection in line with company procedures.
- · Support Category Managers in administrative duties, including preparing management reports.
· Negotiation Skills
· Written Communication
· Use of MS Office Tools
· Supply Chain Strategy
· Supplier Management
· Stakeholder Relationships
· Problem Solving
· Procurement Processes
- Analytical Thinking
- Organizational Skills
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical degree.
- +5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Competent/ proficient in use of tools such as AX, SAP, Tableau, Vendavo, Teradata, SQL Server, SAS and Pricing Optimization methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience working within a Buying/ Expediting environment, including interaction with customs and freight forwarding firms and ability to develop contingency plans for late deliveries and/ or defective materials.
To apply for this position, click here. Advert closes on 17th of July, 2019.
Last Updated: 10.07.19