Job Title: Field Quality Auditor
Reports To: Regional Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the job holder will be required to test and assess quality control systems to ensure that the company’s practices conform to both external and internal standards.
- Maintain site power availability in area of responsibility.
- Ensure an MTTR of less than <1hr=60km,<2hrs=200km,<3hrs=300km,<5hrs=400km on all power/passive related failures impacting service.
- Provide permanent solution to failures which impact on service that have occurred more than twice within a week. • Provide second level intervention on all network impacting issues.
- Monitor preventive maintenance and refueling activities of passive elements at site in area of jurisdiction.
- Carry out audit checks on all sites within area of jurisdiction.
- Maintain cost efficiency by timely response to GRC & sites with consumptions not consistent to power topology.
- Timely escalation of severe network impacting faults.
- Adhere to NOC escalations and closure procedures of faults.
- Monitor the adherence of processes and procedure by sub - contractors in the areas of routine maintenance and refueling activities.
- Input in the assessment of the sub-contractor performance on a monthly basis
Minimum experience and essential knowledge
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience.
- Computer appreciation: MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Electrical skills
- Self - starter
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Should possess a valid driver’s license
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Electronics
- Member of Engineering Institution
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.
Last Updated: 14.05.18