Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports To: Finance Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the complete and accurate documentation of financial information and the relevant processes thereof.
- Responsible for month end recurring journals - accruals, amortizations, charge outs, etc.
- Monthly trial balance review, analysis and investigation of variances.
- Preparation of balance sheet general ledger reconciliations.
- Aid in management of the month end and year end close process.
- Responsible for the month end and year end checklist.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow statements.
- Oversee the inventory and fixed assets management system.
- Quarterly quarter to quarter and year to year analytical review of the income statement and balance sheet.
- Aid in managing the internal and external audit process.
- Assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements.
- Maintenance of insurance documents and ensure timely submission of insurance claims.
- Preparation of special reports as required. • Ensure that internal controls are adhered to.
- Project manage ERP implementation.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Minimum experience and essential knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good IFRS knowledge
- Excellent team spirit.
- People management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years cognate experience
- Full CIMA/ACCA or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must be a full member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.
Last Updated: 14.05.18