Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Implementation Manager
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa
• Sole point of contact for project-related subjects, managing the project from initiation to closure, following PMI guidelines and industry standards.
• Strong background on telemetry systems “Inala” with related experience.
• Creates a project implementation plan with all subsidiary plans.
• Execute the project and managing the change.
• Execute the project managing the project constraints.
• Manage the subcontractors and equipment suppliers.
• Keep material information up-to-date and report its status.
• Order equipment taking into consideration the present and future implementation plan.
• Prepare periodic (e.g. monthly) cost reports.
• Obtain valid cost-to-complete estimates from SBC.
• Assure the validity of system life-cycle costs Schedule.
• Establish an up-to-date master schedule.
• Ensure that all interim milestones are met.
• Approve SBC implementation schedules.
• Discuss and agree on new plans when delays are detected on sites, determining ways to make up time when slippage Occurs.
• Plan and participate to weekly, monthly and steering committee meetings with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Write and distributes MoM after each meeting with subcontractors, suppliers, or team meetings.
• Interface with internal project support groups.
• Coaching and mentoring the Site Supervisors and other team members
• Maintain overall project schedule.
• Assess project schedule risks.
• Assess and mitigate project cost risks.
• Assure validity and timeliness of project cost reports.
• Develop project cost trends.
• Communicate and record updates from supervisors/ engineers at sites on daily basis.
• Monitor logistics and stock inventory (i.e. equipment transportation) and follow up with equipment deliveries, with SBC and Procurement teams.
• Manage issues arising from sites by keeping a project issue log up-to-date.
• Coordinates acceptance procedures
• Update all tracking sheets and documents related to his project.
• Reports daily, weekly and monthly and when requested, on project status and progress, issues and risks related to his project and its related sites.
• Coordinate all activities (reporting, work flow, deliveries, KPIs, invoicing, etc) with SBCs, supervisors, and teams involved.
• Monitor customer satisfaction and delivery on time
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s Degree in Project management or International certification preferably PMP, supported by a bachelor degree in Electrical and telecommunication engineering with field experience in the domain of telecom and operations.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position.
• Customer service oriented
• Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, Autocad, Visio.
• Organization and coordination skills.
• Knowledge about safety and environmental standards.
• Ability to write technical reports.
• Ability to work independently without or with little supervision
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
Interested candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae in English, including three professional referees to: email@example.com before Friday 12th May 2017.
Last Updated: 09.05.17