Job Title: Senior Manager -Supply Chain
Reports To: Head of Supply Chain - Nigeria
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Working closely with project teams, procurement, operations, supply chain and other supporting functions to ensure that supply chain functional performance is delivering best practice.
The Senior Manager for our Supply Chain Functional Excellence department would be responsible for a team of subject matter experts delivering Business Intelligence, Analysis, Contract Risk, Compliance & Audit, Supplier Programme Managers, Supplier Requirements Engineering, Supplier Quality and Supply Chain Risk.
· Leadership of a group of experts deployed to develop procurement contract structures for a variety of complex goods and services.
· Owns the development, training and implementation of policies, procedures and processes for the supply chain function.
· Provide contract risk and compliance oversight to the procurement department.
· Leadership oversight of Supplier Management strategy development. Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies that support successful execution of the projects.
· Leadership oversight and management of procurement process, subcontract and supply chain audits as required.
· Leadership of a group of experts to support to complex subcontract negotiations and produce playbooks/training materials for procurement teams.
· Establishes operating plan for procurement risk and compliance assessment activities and performs to plan.
· Leadership interface between procurement and legal department on subcontract strategies and subcontract risk management.
· Leadership of expert support to assessments and the development of recovery plans, corrective and preventative actions related to subcontract claims and disputes.
· Reporting of functional level commercial risks and implications to project managers, regional managers, and senior executives
· Lead the evaluate and refinement of Business Intelligence goals, business objectives, decision support needs, data and performance requirements to meet business objectives
· Leadership and influence with other functions in an integrated team environment to drive the need to develop procurement specifications and statements of work for a variety of complex goods and services.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of new ways of working and building strategic awareness.
· Stakeholder relationships: building trust and fostering collaboration; excellent team management and interpersonal people skills are essential.
· Communicating effectively: strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strategic thinking complimented by excellent organisational and Project Management skills.
· Ability to negotiate commercial and contractual terms at the highest levels with suppliers.
· Advanced problem solving and continuous improvement techniques
Last Updated: 02.02.17