About IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· Predict, detect, prevent, and/ or mitigate information security threats to the business.
· Co-execute cybersecurity initiatives with the Group Cyber-Security team.
· Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications, and data.
· Support implementation of information security projects and collaborate with Group Cyber-security team on cybersecurity initiatives as and when required.
· Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration test engagement, and support remediation efforts.
· Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
· Lead quarterly Red Team and Blue Team exercises to improve enterprise security
· Provide expertise in security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, web application firewalls, IDS/ IDP, and anti-malware software.
· Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure technical implementation plans are practical and managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations, and user productivity.
· Implementation infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor information security-related events.
· Ensure all security system documentation is up to date.
· Drive planning and action remedies required to prevent exposure to information security-related threats· Develop information security project scope, key objectives, and success criteria. Communicate effectively to project team and key stakeholders.
· Customer Focus
· Be Bold
· Penetration Testing
· Vulnerability Lifecycle Management
· Security Incidence Response
· System Auditing
· Firewall Design
· Intrusion Detection
· System Administration Implementation
· Telecommunications, Network, Wireless & Internet Security
· Analytical Thinking
· Attention to Detail
· Collaboration & Teamwork
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· +5 years’ relevant experience in information security, desktop, server, and/ or network administration.
· Strong background as an engineer/ architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies.
· Demonstrable knowledge of security best practices, such as defence in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption, etc.
· Hands-on experience with security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
· Possess thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.· Familiar with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures) and network/ web-related protocols.
To apply for this position, click here. Advert closes on 18th of October, 2019.
Last Updated: 15.10.19